Monday, March 28, 2011

Okay...I seem to be getting the hang of things with this blogging. Still a beginner but I finally was able to get a background that didn't swallow up my entire page. Yea for me!! So where does one begin when writing a blog???? Do I start slow or jump right in to the madness that is my life?? For the most part my life is fairly boring in the fact that we do not travel much and yes it is because the of the expense of traveling with a large family :) In the beginning with just 2 kids at home we traveled on vacation every year to Florida, Smoky Mountains or just camping somewhere near a lake so my husband could go fishing. We could sleep in a tent or rent a hotel room. We've even taken the family dog along and carried him in wrapped in blankets like a sleeping toddler to stay in our hotel rooms. That was then and this is now...There is no tent big enough to accomidate all 9 of us comfortably and my children are still too scared to sleep in a tent next to ours although we are thinking about doing girl/boy tents with in the next year since the children are getting older and of course my husband and I would be the sleep in chaperones for each tent! But there lies the dilemma of having to rent 2 campsites since campgrounds have a rule of only allowing one tent per site, yep bummer. So we have taken a few short vacations on Spring Break when the kids were younger and we could cram them all into a couple of double beds, then it came the time to get 2 rooms 1 for boys and 1 for girls again my husband and I split camps. Here within the last year we have grown so much that we now require 3 hotel rooms! I mean physically as well as numbers! Both our older girls turned 13 this year and WOW what a change that has been! No way will they will share a room with the younger girls!!! Not to mention adopting another 2 children from Africa! Yipee!! Yes we are growing to a family of 13!!!! So I hope you see why we don't travel much at this time but who knows what the future will bring! Oh did I mention we not only have a dog but 3 cats, 2 guinea pigs and a rabbit? Ya they are kinda hard to travel with :)

1 comment:

  1. You need to check out the campground in English. It is really nice and is free!

    ReplyDelete