Monday, October 15, 2012

What to do, what to do???  I have legal guardianship of one of my girls.  I would love to adopt her but at 14 she is old enough to decide.   She wants to live here with us but she chooses to stay legally in her bio family.  I understand.  She was never abused or neglected and her parents love her but they are addicts and while they clean up for a while they always seem to fall off the wagon.  She has 3 sisters and one brother.  One sister is an adult, married, kids and has a normal life. One is an adult, no kids, married but not very responsible.  And the third sister just turned 19 and gave birth to a premie baby girl about 2 weeks ago.  The baby was on life support, the mother is an addict.  They live out of state.  I called the department of children's services and with the help of her own family was able to give some info to the state so they could check on the welfare of the infant.  My girl wants me to raise this baby.  She knows I will be the only one to love her like my own no matter what and she wants this baby to be safe, fed, cared for, to have a stable enviroment.  So do I.  But I already have 8 kids at home, the state of Indiana will not allow me to adopt her.  My girl is begging me please don't let her go to strangers! What to do?? What to do??  I could take guardianship of this baby as well if the parents agree would to it.  But would they agree to it?  The father is married I think he would, the mother? I don't think so.  What to do??? What to Do???  I am nearing 53 years of age.  I already have 10 kids.  My youngest is only nearing 2.  My oldest is 33.  What to do????  What to do????
I want this baby.  But I think I will try to find her a more suitable home with younger parents first.  That's what I am going to do.  Wish me luck!    

No comments:

Post a Comment